Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are between European Risk Management Council (“ERMC”) and the person who completes the relevant registration form (“You”) for the ERMC Event as described in the registration form (“Event”).
Confirmation of bookings
1. All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by ERMC, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after ERMC has received the completed registration form, the related fee if required (the “Fee”), and anything else that ERMC may require. You place is not confirmed until ERMC sends you a written confirmation.
2. Upon ERMC’s written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between ERMC and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
3. ERMC reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
4. Fees for the Event (where required) are correct at the time of publication. ERMC reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by ERMC. The Fees (where required) are payable by the date notified by ERMC. You acknowledge that ERMC cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
5. The Fees include one place at the Event, refreshments, lunch and Event materials.
6. The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
7. Under VAT Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay VAT @ 20% on all Events taking place in the United Kingdom. For Events in other countries, delegates are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
8. Whilst our programme is correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for ERMC to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
9. If You cannot attend an Event for which You have registered, please contact ERMC as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event). ERMC may at our absolute discretion allow You to send a substitute in your place (provided that ERMC has received the details of such substitute).
10. Attendance on Fee basis: If You notify us that You wish to cancel your attendance for which You paid a Fee, then cancellation charges shall apply as follows, which You agree represent a genuine pre-estimate of the costs ERMC will incur as a result of cancellation:
- Written notice received by us % of Fee to be charged
- More than 30 days prior to the Event 25%
- Within 30 days to the Event on no-show 100%
The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g. credit card payment will refund to same credit card account number). Please note that refunds may take up to 14 working days.
11. Attendance by complimentary pass: if You fail to attend or cancel your attendance for which You obtained a complementary pass, then You are liable to pay a cancellation change. A cancellation charge is applied as follows, which You agree represent a genuine pre-estimate of the costs ERMC will incur as a result of cancellation or no-show:
Written notice received by us Cancellation charge
– More than 20 days prior to the Event £0
– Between 11 and 20 days to the Event £250
– Between 10 and 1 days to the Event £500
– Less than 1 day or no-show £600
The cancellation charge is payable by You within 14 working days of providing written notice of cancellation. In case of no-show, The cancellation charge is payable within 14 working days of the Event date.
12. ERMC may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid in advance within 8 weeks. You agree that ERMC’s liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and ERMC will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
13. ERMC reserves the right to cancel your attendance at the Event and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Event attendance if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of ERMC) expose ERMC or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where “Sanction” means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, or United States of America.
Your attendance at the Event
14. Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
15. ERMC reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You admission or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in ERMC’s opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
16. You are permitted to make reasonable video or audio recordings and to take photographs at the Event, in each case for your own personal use. You must not make video or audio recordings of the whole (or substantially the whole) of the Event or of any session within the Event, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by ERMC.16. You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates. You agree to permit
17. You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates. You agree to permit ERMC, or any third party licensed by ERMC, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform the photographer if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
18. You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, ERMC shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
19. Materials distributed by or on behalf of ERMC at an Event may not be reproduced without ERMC’s permission.
20. Views expressed by speakers are their own and ERMC disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed at an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
21. To the maximum extent permitted by law, You agree not to hold ERMC liable for any damage or loss suffered or incurred by You during the course of the Event (even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage), including consequential (i.e. losses which are not incurred as a direct consequence of the Event leading to any claim) or indirect losses or loss of business, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings through registering for the Event, includes (without limitation) attending the Event, alteration of the Event – schedule, venue, programme and/or speakers, cancellation of the Event, or any error or omission on the part of ERMC. This provision does not reduce or restrict ERMC’s liability caused by its negligence or fraud.
23. The names, job titles and organisations of all registered delegates will be placed on the delegate list for the Event. This list will be provided to sponsoring companies. If You do not wish to be included on this list please inform ERMC in writing at the time of making your booking.
24. ERMC will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
25. Information about the ERMC is available on www.riskcouncil.org. Registered Office: 2 Woodberry Grove, London, N12 0DR, United Kingdom. Registered No: 9263492 England.
26. These terms contain the entire agreement between You and ERMC.
27. If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
28. Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
29. A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
30. These terms shall be governed by English law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit ERMC’s right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
31. If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact ERMC by an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
32. These terms and conditions were published on 21st November 2016 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.